QuickBBS to LED v1.27 This program is FREE, I made it because i needed it for myself. And if anyone else can use it, it's ok by me. Disclaimer: I don't take any responsability for anything this program might Cause or anything else including the Weather, Gnomes or Alien races. Infact, My mother allways tell me i can't take any responsability at all! :-) What it is: Q2L is a program that uses Qbbs lastread.bbs as lastread-pointers for LED 1.0. It also checks the number of messages and compares it with lastread and if there are new messages it put's out * and /. Installation: there are 2 ways to install Q2L. If you don't want to change the ways you call LED: 1. Copy Q2L.PRG to the same directory as LED.PRG 2. Rename LED.PRG to LED.OVL. 3. Rename Q2L.PRG to LED.PRG. Else: Just call Q2L instedt of LED whenever you wish to run it. Just a couple of things: 1. You must run Q2L in the same directory as LED. 2. You must set the enviroments MAILER or BINKLEY and QBBS, If you don't Q2L searches for all files in current directory. NEW! CFG-FILE: It's home is in the same directory as LED. Is called Q2L.CFG, it only have two keywords. they are: START , after this you enter a program-name and it's commandline. Normaly LED.PRG or LED.OVL, but for us who live in Sweden, we probably would like Swedish chars. So we enter: START D:\BIN\SWE.TTP LED.OVL I guess there are similar program for others countrys ,IBM-Charset etc etc. The second keyword is: QBBS , here you should state the path to LASTREAD.BBS. Since The Box doesn't send enviroment to the editor it starts. Just enter path, not filename, Like this: QBBS D:\QBBS\ NEW! Commandline: You can enter the name of a program on the commandline, then this program start led. As above in config-file. If the program can't be found in the current folder. Q2L search for it along enviroment path. If you use commandline, this takes over from the program in the cfg-file. How does it work?: 1. Open areas.bbs and read in all areas. 2. Open lastread.bbs and read first record. If no lastread.bbs is found, it creates a new one. 3. Open led.new and set lastread from lastread.bbs 4. Check if there are new msgs and in that case set flags. 5. Save led.new 6. Run LED.OVL if it exist otherwise LED.PRG 7. Uppdate and save lastread.bbs 8. If you don't run Binkley and If any *.REQ-files exists in your HOLD-Dir, Show Req-box and convert the request to the TB-format you choose. 9. End! Request-Convertion: If you use the Request-function from LED it writes binkley-style. Q2L now converts this to TB-Style. There are a number of options, Top line in the box shows the node-number you will request from. Next line is selecteble Zone-dial, This is because TB can request across zones, while binkley only work's within a zone. on the next line there are 3 selectable buttons: Crash, Along and Hold. This is in TB-terms, Immidiate, Along and Wait for pickup. On the last line is OK-button witch execute your selections and CANCEL witch leave the req-file in binkley-format. The request-convertion is only active if TB.CFG exist in current dir or enviroment MAILER is set and point's to TB.CFG. Known bugs: -No bug really, but first time it runs it sets qbbs lastread.bbs to led.new even if led.new is higher. Had to do it like that. -If you start Q2L with alt-e from TB, it doesn't find enviroment QBBS Can't fix, It's TB's fault. But use Q2L.CFG to fix. Planed updates: Whenever i feel like it. :-) Author: Me! I am Jan Leveren and Can be reached by netmail on 2:203/203.9 Changes: 0.11; Use Fsfirst&FSnext to get nr of msgs, saved about a second. 0.12; Fixed a bug that counted comments in areas.bbs as areas. Removed some alertboxes for none fatal errors. 0.13; Fixed another bug about comments, This time in TB.CFG. 0.20; Finaly figured out how TB stores the fidonet-adress in it's filenames. So now Q2L allso konverts LED's Request-files. For now, Only Crash request is supported, Along and Hold later. 0.21; Fixed a little human error, forgot to send current dir to LED if enviroment MAILER or QBBS wasn't set. 0.22; Mostly kosmetic changes, and new error-handler. 0.23; Added suport for Binkley, Don't know if it works... also Homemade dialog-box for the request-conversion, See Below: 0.24; Fixed a minor error that cause'd local areas not to be updated. 1.00; Official Release! Alt-E from TB didn't send enviroment QBBS, so the path can now be read from a file called Q2L.CFG in current dir. ... Sorry, I forgot it... 1.20; Support for Swedish and IBM characters with the program swe.ttp. Lot of stuff i have forgot. 1.25; Started to read Netmail from areas.bbs, everybody else seems to do so these days. It's now treated as any other area. enlarged cfg-file (see above) 1.26; Bugg Update 1.27; Faster! About 600%. You might get a message, "Missed xx of xxx areas", This means that you probably not have headerfiles for some of your message-areas or that you have a strange comment in areas.bbs. Q2L count empty lines or lines that begin with a ; (Semicolon) as comments. Hopfully this program will be pretty bug-free now, but the binkley mode isn't really tested yet. I don't however see any reason why it shouldn't work. Well if there's something that don't work as you expect, please report it and tell me when the error occurs, How Q2L reports it, witch computer you have, version of LED and Q2L and anything else that might be essential. Thanks! Greetings from a cold Sweden, Janne!